In Kazakhstan Decree of the Government dated 17 September 2013 # 977 approved the Rules on opening (closing) functioning (operation), as well as requirements to technique and organization of the work of point of passage across the State Border of the RoK.
Source: ИА ZAKON.KZ
The Rules determine opening (closing) functioning (operation), as well as requirements to technique and organization of the work of point of passage across the State Border of the RoK.
According to the procedure of opening such points and meeting the established order to cross the border by persons and transferring cargo, goods, animals, plant food, products and other property through it (hereinafter – transport vehicles) one performed border, customs, quarantine and sanitary, veterinary, transport and phytosanitary defense of overseas products control in points of passage (hereinafter –the state control).
To determine practicability of these pints, the state body interested in it (hereinafter – initiator) sends a petition on arrangement of a passage point to the state control bodies, enclosing the following materials:
1) information on the planned and carrying capacity and terms of opening the point of passage;
2) calculation and justification of expenses spent to design and construction and maintenance of objects of passage points, as well as their equipment, technique, creation and development of the transport and engineering and social infrastructure required to organize the state control;
3) the scheme of territory where the objects of passage points will be placed required to organize border, customs and other control in the point of passage, with the specification of borders of zones of the planned placement;
4) proposals on the grant of a land plot, where such object will be placed;
5) consent of the local (regional) executive body to establish a passage point on its territory (if it is not an initiator).
Sate control bodies consider these materials, during 15 working days from the date of the submission and then send its conclusion on the feasibility or on that it is not necessary, including proposals of the bodies of the state control to the initiator on its classification and required staff number.
The initiator sends these materials and conclusions of the state control bodies concerning establishment of:
1) automobile passage point on the outside borders of the CU – to the Committee of the Customs Control of the Ministry of Finance of the RoK;
2) automobile passage point on the Kazakhstan-Russia border- to the Border Service of the Committee of the National Safety of the RoK;
3) railroad, aviation, sea and river passage points – to the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the RoK;
Opening of the passage point with any government must be agreed with the RoK MFA, after where upon the sate bodies specified in paragraph 5 of these Rules will elaborate following the established procedure the draft agreements.
After the agreement with the certain country has been concluded, the state bodies specified in paragraph 5 of these rules must submit to the government of the RoK the draft decree of the RoK Government on opening the passage point , specifying its name and status, agreed with the state bodies interested in it.
The resolution of the RoK taken under the established procedure concerning opening the passage point will be the basis for the opening the financing this project, construction (reconstruction), infrastructure development, technique of the passage point, creation and development of the engineering and social infrastructure of further maintenance as well as formation there of subdivisions of the state control.
After the RoK Government has taken a decision on the opening the passage point, the state bodies specified in paragraph 5 of these Rules, will perform the function of the Customer, which on the basis o the proposals of the bodies of the state control ensures , under the procedure established by the RoK government, designing, construction and commissioning of the passage point.
The passage point will be designed and build as a united complex which will be used to ensure intensive passage of transport, cargo and passengers traffic through it, and ensure effectiveness of the performance of the established types of the state control, taking into account rules and requirements of these Rules.
Based on the result of the passage points commissioning, these objects will be transferred to the balance of the state control bodies according to the belonging following the procedure established by the law.
The decree will be entered in to force upon expiration of ten calendar days from the day of the first official publication (Kazakhstanskaya Pravda # 330 (27604) 05.12.2013, that is on 16 December 2013.
Source: ИА ZAKON.KZ