Dear Taxpayers of the Republic of Kazakhstan,
We would like to remind you that deadlines for the payment of below listed taxes and payments expire in June 2020 on the following dates:
05 June 2020:
- Personal Income Tax (PIT) on income of persons engaged in private practice (private notaries, private bailiffs, lawyers, professional mediators) received in May 2020.
22 June 2020:
- Value Added Tax (VAT) in the Eurasian Economic Union for May 2020;
- Excise for the legal entity itself and its structural units for May 2020;
- Levy for discharges to the environment, redemption of the standard limit with the total annual payment up to 100 MRI (if the permit was obtained in May 2020);
24 June 2020:
- PIT on income of non-resident individuals, foreigners or stateless persons.
25 June 2020:
- Corporate Income Tax (CIT), advance payments for June 2020;
- CIT withheld at source from income paid in May 2020;
- CIT withheld at the source of payment on income accrued in May 2020: income of non-resident legal entities – paid and within amounts of advances paid, non-residents’ income from RoK sources from capital gains;
- PIT withheld at source from income paid in May 2020;
- PIT withheld at source from capital gain income of non-resident individuals from sources in the RoK;
- Social tax for May 2020;
- Levy for the use of radio-frequency spectrum
- paid by foreigners, stateless persons and non-resident legal entities that do not carry out any activities in the RoK and not registered as taxpayers of the RoK, if a permission was obtained in May 2020;
- Levy for the Use of Land Plots:
- by an individual for land plots received for paid land use and not used in entrepreneurial activities, in the event that a temporary paid land use contract was concluded in May 2020;
- if the temporary paid land use contract expires or is terminated in May 2020;
- Levy for the placement of outdoor advertising for June 2020;
- Levy for providing intercity and (or) international telephone communication, as well as cellular communication, current payment due not later than 25 June 2020;
- Levy for the use of a license to engage in certain types of activities (gaming business, storage and sale of alcoholic products) obtained in 2019 and/or earlier, due not later than 25 June 2020;
- Obligatory Pension Charges (OPC):
- withheld from income paid to employees and to individuals under civil-legal contracts for work, services in May 2020;
- paid in their own favour by IEs working under the generally established regime and under the special tax regime on the basis of a simplified declaration, by peasant farms, private notaries, private bailiffs, advocates and professional mediators on income received in May 2020;
- paid by an insurance company if an insurance payment was made in May 2020;
- Obligatory occupational pension charges assessed on income paid to employees in May 2020;
- Social assessments for May 2020;
OSMI charges and contributions on income paid in May 2020.
Notes: Please note that for the implementation of instructions of the Head of State in terms of securing the social and economic stability (RoK President Edict #287 dated 16 March 2020), the RoK Government provided for a number of measures to support entrepreneurs.
In particular: According to the Decree of the RoK Government #126 dated 20 March 2020, a “0” correction factor has been introduced for a period until 31 December 2020 inclusive, to the rates of:
1) Property tax of legal entities and IEs in large retail facilities, shopping and entertainment centres, cinemas, theatres, exhibitions, sports and fitness facilities;
2) Land tax on agricultural lands of agricultural producers;
3) PIT for IEs working under the generally established tax regime.
When the “0” correction factor is applied to the tax rates, the tax base, taxable items, tax period and the fulfilment of tax liabilities shall be determined in the manner established by the RoK Code “On Taxes and Other Obligatory Payments to the Budget” (Tax Code) No. 120-VI ZRK dated 25 December 2017.
According to the RoK Government Decree #141 dated 27 March 2020.
- For the period until 1 October 2020, a VAT rate of 8% applies when committing turnovers for the sale and import of goods included in the list of socially significant food products, approved by the RoK Government Decree #145 dated 1 March 2010.
- For the period until 31 December 2020, producers of excisable goods on the territory of the RoK are exempted from payment of excise taxes in respect of petrol (except for aviation petrol), diesel fuel to be sold for export.
- For year 2020, the “0” coefficient is set to be applied to the rates of tax on property of legal entities and IEs for taxable items used in entrepreneurial activities in the sphere of tourism, public catering and hotel services.
According to the RoK Government Decree #224 dated 20 April 2020.
- The ‘0’ correction coefficient is established to be applied to the rates of the following taxes and social payments:
- PIT withheld at the source of payment;
- PIT paid independently by a person engaged in private practice;
- social tax, OPC, obligatory professional pension charges, social assessments, OSMI charges and contributions, with the exception of those paid by IEs in their own favour.
The provisions of this paragraph shall apply to the following taxpayers and their employees:
- private practitioners and micro, small or medium-sized business entities carrying out activities specified in the list of activities in accordance with Appendix 1 to the Decree, with respect to obligations for which the payment (transfer) deadline occurs within the period from 1 April to 1 October 2020;
- large-scale business entities carrying out activities specified in the list of activities in accordance with Appendix 2 to the Decree, with respect to obligations for which the payment (transfer) deadline occurs within the period from 1 April to 1 July 2020.
- For the period from 1 April 2020 to 1 October 2020, the ‘0’ correction coefficient is set to be applied to the rates of Property tax:
- on runways at aerodromes and airport terminals;
- for persons engaged in private practice.
- The taxpayers-residents of the RoK engaged in the activity of air passenger transport are granted a deferment until 1 January 2021 on the payment of the assessed VAT for non-residents on the maintenance and legal support of aircraft leasing transactions.
 Minimum Reference Index. In 2020 one MRI is KZT 2,778.
 Republic of Kazakhstan.
 Individual entrepreneur.
 Obligatory social medical insurance.