On 27 March 2020 the Government of the RoK issued the Decree No.141 “Concerning Measures for the Implementation of the Presidential Edict No.287 dated 16 March 2020 “On Further Measures Aimed at the Economy Stabilization in the Context of the Tax Policy” (hereinafter – the “Decree No. 141”), which prescribes the following:
- For the period until 1 October 2020 Value-Added Tax rate shall be set at 8% in respect of the sales and import turnovers included in the list of socially important food stuffs approved by the Government Decree No.145 dated 1 March 2010.
- For the period until 31 December 2020, the producers of excisable goods in the RoK territory shall be exempted from excise taxes in respect of petrol (excluding aviation petrol), diesel fuel which are intended for export sales.
- “0” coefficient shall be applied through year 2020 to the rates of the tax on property of legal entities and individual entrepreneurs in respect of taxable items used in the performance of business activities in the sphere of tourism, public catering and hotel services.
- For taxpayers classified as micro, small or medium-sized enterprises in accordance with the Entrepreneurial Code of the RoK:
- The payment deadlines for all taxes and other obligatory payments to the budget as well as social payments will be postponed until the 1st of June 2020;
- the implementation of measures in respect of applying the methods to ensure the fulfilment of overdue tax obligations and the forced collection of tax and customs arrears as well as outstanding social payments will be suspended until the 1st of June 2020, with the exception of taxpayers with a high degree of risk;
- the deadlines for the fulfilment of a notice provided for by sub-paragraph 10) of paragraph 2 of Article 114 of the RoK Code dated 25 December 2017 “On Taxes and Other Obligatory Payments to the Budget” (Tax Code) falling on the period of the state of emergency (15 March 2020 – 15 April 2020) will be extended until the 1st of June 2020, with the exception of taxpayers with a high degree of risk;
- the duration of inspections conducted by the state revenue authorities will be suspended for the period of the state of emergency, with the suspension period not being counted as the inspection period.
The Decree No.141 is effective upon its signature.
Source: Official web-site of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan https://primeminister.kz/ru/decisions/27032020-141
 Republic of Kazakhstan.