In Kazakhstan, the Government decree dated 31 December 2013 # 1532 has changed the rules for passing mandatory technical inspection of vehicles. Government order published in the official media, as reported by IА Zakon.kz.
The decree amended decree dated 17 May 2011 # 523 “On approval of rules of organizing and holding mandatory technical inspection of motor vehicles and their trailers, periodicity of compulsory technical inspection of motor vehicles and trailers, as well as forms of diagnostic technical inspection card”.
Thus, in the rules of organization and conduct of mandatory technical inspection of motor vehicles and trailers approved by this decree: paragraphs 20, 21 and 22 are set out as follows:
“20. Within fifteen calendar days of receiving notification of the entry in the register of operators of inspection, the schedule shall be submitted for approval to a local executive body within the area of operations.
Subsequent submission of the schedule shall annually be submitted by the operator inspection for approval to the local executive body, but not later than thirty calendar days prior to the mandatory technical inspection of vehicles within the area of operations.
21. A local executive body shall consider the schedule submitted for approval within five working days of its receipt.
22. The operator of technical inspection shall inform people about the schedule of activities in the region within ten calendar days from the date of agreement the schedule with the local executive body”.; Paragraph 47 shall be read as follows:
“47. A certificate of compulsory technical inspection signed by the head of the operator of technical inspection or an authorized person”. ; Paragraphs 63, 64, 66 shall be read as follows:
“ 63. Information on mandatory vehicle inspection by the fixed line of technical inspection of operator of technical inspection shall be transferred into a single information system of compulsory technical inspection on a daily basis using online regime.
64. Information on mandatory vehicle inspection by the mobile line of the technical inspection of operator shall be transferred every two calendar days in a single information system of mandatory technical inspection.
66. One shall register numbers of forms of certificates of mandatory technical inspection of vehicles in a unified information system.”; Paragraphs 68 and 69 shall be deleted;
2) The frequency of passage of mandatory technical inspection of motor vehicles and trailers approved by this decree, shall be redrafted in accordance with Annex hereto .
According to the Annex to the Decree # 1532 of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated 31 December 2013.
Frequency of passing mandatory technical inspection of motor vehicles and their trailers
1. Mandatory technical inspection of motor vehicles and trailers registered in the central executive body on road safety shall be performed in centers of technical inspection in the following intervals:
1) every 12 months - 7 years and over, including the year of manufacture;
2) every 24 months - 3 to 7 years, including the year of manufacture;
3) every 36 months – not more than 3 years , including the year of manufacture.
2. Buses, minibuses and taxis, as well as trucks equipped for the transportation of people shall pass a compulsory technical inspection every six months, regardless of ownership and year of manufacture.
3. Vehicles designed and equipped for carriage of dangerous goods shall pass a compulsory technical inspection every six months, regardless of ownership and year of manufacture.
4. Trucks and their trailers shall pass a compulsory technical inspection every 12 months, regardless of ownership and year of manufacture.
5. The deadline for the subsequent passing the mandatory technical inspection of motor vehicles and trailers shall be computed from the date of passing the primary mandatory technical inspection in accordance with the intervals specified in paragraphs 1, 2, 3 and 4.
The Decree shall come into force after ten calendar days after its first official publication (“Kazakhstanskaya Pravda” # 20 (27641) 30 January 2014 ), i.e. on 10 February.
Name of “MinTax” used in this proposal, depending on the context, can refer to MinTax LLP or MinTax Audit LLP and to its structural subdivisions as well. MinTax LLP and MinTax Audit LLP are included into MinTax Group acting on the basis of the Partnership Agreement, and are considered to be separate and independent legal entities founded under the Republic of Kazakhstan legislation, and they are responsible for all rights and obligations only on their behalf. The Companies which are included in MinTax Group are not responsible for any actions or omissions of each other
CONFIDENTIALITY | LEGAL ASPECTS